Building RegulationsThe Building Regulations set standards of design and construction and apply to most building projects. They ensure buildings are constructed to a minimum standard. There are different ways to approach obtaining Building Regulation Approval. We can guide you through this and compile the information required to comply with the Building Regulations and enable you to legally build your project.
- Develop the detailed design drawings and specification.
- Prepare the drawings and notes necessary for a Building Regulations Application.
- Co-ordinate the compilation of information from other Consultants: We can recommend consultants as required for this stage.
- Complete the Building Regulations Application form and submit it on your behalf.
- Deal with any queries raised by the Building Control Officer whilst determining the application.
The fees for this can vary allot and it all depends on which Local Authority you are using, or even a separate organisation of approved inspectors. The following fees are based on Cheshire East Councils standard guidance price;
|Extensions up to 10m²
|Submission fee £185 & Inspection fee £296
|Extensions between 10m² & 40m²
|Submission fee £185 & Inspection fee £435
|Extensions between 40m² & 100m²
|Submission fee £185 & Inspection fee £580
|Loft Conversions that do not include a Dormer
|Submission fee £185 & Inspection fee £405
|Loft Conversions including a Dormer
|Submission fee £185 & Inspection fee £421
Please note that these fees are inclusive of VAT @ 20% and are a guide only based on Cheshire East Councils website and may vary.
There are two stages required for obtaining Building Regulations Approval.
Stage 1: Submission
Stage 2: Inspections
At the end of the building work they will issue a Compliance certificate.
Before you begin
We can do this for you and handle the whole submission and approval process.